čtvrtek 23. listopadu 2017

MPS Maxlrain 2017

Hi, my dear readers ♥

After visiting a few medieval festivals and markets around Bayern, some people suggested to me that I should definitelly visit one of the Mittelalterlich Phantasie Spectaculum Festivals (shortly MPS), because it's huge, great and there are some pretty good bands playing.
I was wondering why I never heard of such a thing, so I looked it up a bit. And the reason why I didn't know about its existence was that most of the MPSs are taking place in north or west Germany, but there's only ONE in Bayern ! So I saved the date immediately, bought tickets and waited patiently to September ♪

My friends weren't lying - it is huge ! There are tons of shops, three stages, knight's tournament, fire show, costumes, food ... ! It's also a part medieval and part fantasy festival, so it's totally fine to wear some over-the-top fantasy headpiece with horns and hoofs and everything !
I was quite amazed by the largeness of it, but at the same time I was a bit dissapointed about the overall atmosphere at day. What was disturbing the fantasy/medieval wibe the most were omnipresent banners for next shows and MPSs, which were hung on normal musical-festival-like metal constructions. They weren't even trying to cover it up... which in comparison to Kaltenberg where every piece of reality and modern life HAS TO be covered otherwise someone has a problem... was quite, yeah ...dissapointing. But as soon as the night fell, everything dissapeared in the darkness and fire with lanterns changed the atmosphere to something I love the most about medieval fairs :) And with the combination of finally seeing live my beloved FAUN, I quickly forgot about metal constructions and enjoyed the evening to the fullest !

One more thing which I didn't like about MPS was that they have their own stands with beverages, which are supplied from local brewery, depending on where they currently are and - as for the mead - from the supplier who also has shops at the festival... which wouldn't be that bad, if the mead was actually good. But it isn't. It's too sweet and terribly weak ! Nah, I had like three bottles and I was still sober, but overdosed with sugar already ...the only thing that helped was sitting on the sun, which was shinning incredibly on that day ! I still can't believe our luck, that at the end of September we were able to sit on the grass, because it was dry and the weather was so warm !












 ♥♥♥ FAUN ♥♥♥




As for my outfit - I didn't know what to expect, how many people are going to be overdressed or not, so I went for something comfortable, but still too fantasy for a regular medieval fair, but fantasy enough for fantasy fair..... does it make sense ? :D

I must say that I feel totally cute in my mage hobbit self ♥
Rozíta Pampelišková strikes again !









And of course we couldn't leave with bare hands, so here's THE LOOT !


Ceramics from my favourite pottery, incense sticks from amazing Nebenwelt which had a lot of dried animal parts for sale at their stand and I wanted to buy everything but Honza stopped me (but that badger foot *o*) and pentacle decoration for my altar ♥

Also Honza bought himself a kilt ! FINALLY


Even though there were some things I didn't like about MPS, I still liked it A LOT. So we will be back for sure ♥


I hope you're all doing fine !
Have a beautiful day, everyone ♥



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat